Welcome

So I did it! I finally did it. I made my first official blog. And if you are reading this, then you are a person that is important to me. This blog is a way for me to keep you posted on what is going on in my world, and to also share the musings of an young man with an old soul.


Sunday, March 13, 2011

Heartbreak

The Episcopalian Church, Presbyterian Church (PCUSA), and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship has put together a great devotional for lent. I started it this week and have really enjoyed it. If you are looking for a devotional I would strongly encourage you to check it out.

The devotional readings this week were really powerful. One in particular was a short scripture from Joel 2:12-13. In verse 13 God commands the children of Israel to commit to a strange practice. He commands them not to rend their clothes (as was their custom), but rather in fasting, weeping, and morning  rend your heart. This reading penetrated my heart. Recently I have done things, such as volunteering to work with the youth at church, to seem as though I am a good person (rending my clothes). When what God wanted from me is my heart, rent and torn to pieces.  He wants to be the mender of my broken heart. I need only allow him to break and put it together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment