Welcome

So I did it! I finally did it. I made my first official blog. And if you are reading this, then you are a person that is important to me. This blog is a way for me to keep you posted on what is going on in my world, and to also share the musings of an young man with an old soul.


Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mic Check - a year in review

"Hello? Is this thing on?"

What's up friends? I'm embarrassed at my blogging capabilities (or lack thereof). It has been over a month and a half since my last entry. It has been reported that the blogosphere has fallen into a deep state of depression due to my prolonged absence. Well folks I'm back. Not with new years resolutions (because I don't do resolutions I just do stuff), but some reflections on 2010. The past year, quite frankly, was a blur. It was like I went to bed January 1, 2010 and woke up on January 1, 2011. Here are some notable things that happened in the year 2010:
  • I was admitted into graduate school (VA Tech & IU)
  • Quit my first professional job at Baylor
  • Moved to the midwest in an awesome three day trip (shots out to Matt Fulmer and the Henkelmanz)
  • Participated in my first Habitat House Build
  • My brother Jason got married (and I missed the wedding)
  • Threw an impromptu bachelor party for Jason (with the four brothers)
  • Spent several hours in the Stay Wired Coffee/Computer Repair Shop
  • Experienced an epiphany in an old kitchen on 309 South Jackson Street, in Montgomery, Alabama  
  • Watched my best friend and his family move away to Asia
  • Attended ASHE for the first time and realized that becoming a scholar is within my reach
  • Played in the snow in both TX and IN
  • Made new friends in Indiana (Carl, Tomika, Eric and Teanna)
  • Discovered I have the best girlfriend in the world
These are just a couple of the major and minor happpenings in 2010. I can't wait to see what's in store for 2011.   

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Being a scholar is TOTALLY within your reach, JT (or rather is already in your grasp,even) and you DO have the best GF!

    I'm so excited that you are on this journey, and I'm excited to be along for the ride with you. Excited to read about your experiences and get caught up with them when the Lord allows us to connect in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you cousin for doing such big things!! I too am horrible at updating my blog, but unlike you, I make new year resolutions and I have vowed to keep up with my blog lol. I look forward to reading!! Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete