Welcome

So I did it! I finally did it. I made my first official blog. And if you are reading this, then you are a person that is important to me. This blog is a way for me to keep you posted on what is going on in my world, and to also share the musings of an young man with an old soul.


Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting Baked in Bloomington

If you ever come to Bloomington, there is one place you must visit. It is called Baked. It is a cookie shop where you get to create your own cookie. It is a three step process. First you choose dough for your cookie: oatmeal. sugar, chocolate or peanut butter. Then you choose your fixins - you can choose anything from traditional chocolate chip to crasins. And finally you can chose an afterbake which is actually a candy bar added to the cookie after it is done baking.

The design of the place reminds me of Common Grounds in Waco. I met my friends Carl & Dominique. Dominique is a first year law school student and a recent Notre Dame graduate. She is destined for big things. We arrived at 9pm and ordered our cookies.

I went for the oatmeal white chocolate, walnuts, and crasins. It was DELICIOUS! There is something about milk and cookies that just puts me in a great mood. We end up staying at Baked until 2am. We also met Travis, one of the managers and chatted with him about the cookie shop, religion and life in Bloomington. It was nice to connect to someone that lived in the city prior to becoming a student.

As we left he loaded us up with a ton of cookies for free. Needless to say Baked is a place I will frequent for the next four years.

3 comments:

  1. I so totally wish we had time while at ASHE to go up to Bloomington because this place sounds TO DIE FOR - what a terrific idea for a bakery! Genius. I may have a second career in mind after reading this post (well, actually, it would be my third career, but who's counting?)

    Anyway, yum and neato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm, I agree with Tiffani. What a FANTASTIC idea...sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete